Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lately in Kindergarten...

The year is winding down, but we're still busy in Room 105.  The dreaded End of Grades tests are right around the corner, and even though our students don't have to take them, they feel the effects!  We don't have specials for a whole week and are busy brainstorming activities to fill in the gaps of time.  We're going to decorate t shirts for field day, but other than that-- my mind is blank!  


Recently I added a new item to my Teachers Pay Teachers Store-- It's a bunch of centers all wrapped into one "Calendar, Graphing, and Time" pack.  These are our end of the year topics and I felt that my students needed a little more practice with these concepts.  Here are some samples from the pack--









We also made these "Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow Wheels" to practice the days of the week.  My kids do a fabulous job of naming the days of the week, but are less than fabulous when it comes to "What is yesterday...?"  These wheels allow them to practice at home- and they're adorable. I got the idea here.




We've also been preparing for Mother's Day and planted some flowers for our Mother's Day Spa --




And last-- I thought I'd share a picture of my "Writers & Readers Wall."  This year, we've really been pushing kid-friendly objectives.  So, when we learn a concept, I try and post the objective on our wall so my students can refer to it when they need help.  It has especially been helpful during writer's workshop.  Students can look at the Writer's Wall to make sure they have included punctuation, colors in the drawing, etc.  Some of the resources I hang come from TpT sellers and other educational bloggers and I create some myself.







6 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Pinterest and I LOVE it!!!!! It is so funny because I am actually moving to Raleigh in less than a month!! I can't wait until that hiring freeze is over!! I would love to ask you a few questions if you wouldn't mind emailing me OR posting your email so I can email you :) leelee4282@yahoo.com

    Connecting the Dots: A Kindergarten Blog
    http://lisag08.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS LISA!! Check your email-- I just sent you one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley...I just found your BLOG! CAAAUUUTE!!

    Stop by and visit mine...
    http://glitzyinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave your blog the One Lovely Blog Award! Come check it out at http://steeleinfirst.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your packet is in my "cart." It will be the perfect addition to our months/days/time unit. Thanks so much for sharing. Glad I found you :). Pop in for a visit if you find a moment.


    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I thought that this new teacher-seller website might interest you. They are based in Canada and offer features that are not found on similar sites. They also have a lot of new features coming. Here is a link: Created by Teachers, Exclusively for Teachers

    ReplyDelete