Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Makeovers...

   We were extremely lucky in North Carolina this year: we never really had a true winter.  It snowed once and it was a light dusting that was melted the next day.  Being from Erie, PA, I like to see a little more of a seasonal change, but I'm not complaining!  I'll take the warmth over the blizzards anyday.

   Now that Spring is officially here, I've got the itch for some DIY projects around the house.  I completed my first one last week and I love the way it turned out.  I got the idea from the blog Positively Splendid.  Hers is a 3-tiered planter...I just can't decide if I want to add another tier to the bottom or create another set.


It looks like it might be complicated, but it's really not.  I had terracotta planters from last year that I spray painted and re purposed.  I had to purchase the spray paint, the sealant, the dirt, the flowers, and a brick.  Most of these things I would purchase anyway around Springtime ! 

OH!  And I can't forget the BEST buy of the whole project: I purchased from Michael's some Martha Stewart Circle Sponges-- they are FABULOUS.  I can't tell you how many circles I have hand-painted over the years.  I was done with the circles in about 5 minutes for this project.  This blog has a picture of the sponges (and some cute uses for them).

    I also used the leftover spray paint to paint another boring pot I had from last year (the one in the middle of this picture).  I think I've fallen in love with spray painting & can't wait to get started on some nightstands for our guest bedroom... 



1 comment:

  1. The tiered planter is absolutely adorable! Love the idea of adding your house number! So cute :)

    I am also a lover of spray paint and need to do some serious work in my backyard because our patio set rusted :(



    P.S. Can't wait to see you this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete