Monday, January 9, 2012



What a fun surprise!!  Sharon Dudley from Teaching With Sight awarded me with the "Versatile Blogger" award ... For someone who is new to the blogging world, this definitely boosts my "blogging esteem" and motivates me to post more.  Check Sharon's page out...She's inspiring.  Sharon is a blind elementary school teacher, which is pretty much equal to superwoman. 


So now I have to tell seven things about myself:
1. I got married this summer to my love of 7 years- Sam... We met when we were in middle school and started dating when I was 18 and he was 19.


2.  I could eat pasta for breakfast, lunch, and dinner - 7 days a week.  


3.  I began college thinking I would have a career in graphic design- Boy was I wrong.  That lead to art education, which lead to elementary ed.  I wasn't one of those  kids who knew from the moment they stepped into Kindergarten that they were meant to be a teacher.  That being said-- It is 100% the career for me and I wouldn't change the path I took to get here for the world.  I learned a lot and I'm able to incorporate my artsy-fartsy background into my teaching style.


4.  I dislike condiments- mayo, mustard, ketchup, ranch, etc ... Thank goodness I married someone who shares my disgust in them as well!!  Our burgers are pretty plain in this house. (Don't worry houseguests--we keep baby sized bottles in the fridge for you!)

5.  I played basketball throughout high school (even though I'm a whopping 5' 2'')  & my nickname was "Mad-Dog" ... I can't believe I just admitted that.

6.  I'm Italian, Irish, German, & a teeny bit Ukrainian, but my children often ask me ... "Mrs. Laver- are you black or white?"  Kids say the darnedest things.

7. I'm a beer girl- You can't wine & dine me.  :)

Here's a list of the blogs that I passed the Versatile Blogger Award to:

5 comments:

  1. Ashley, thank you so much for your kind words and for passing on this award. I am so excited to follow your blog. I am sure it will be fun to look back on all of the projects both in your home, and with your students. Loooooove your entryway!

    p.s. please let me know the next time you will be in Charlotte. I'd love to have you and Sam over for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award and all the sweet things you said about my blog! It seriously made my day! You do so many fun activities with your kiddos! That's definitely one of the things I miss most since quitting teaching almost 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a terrific site here! I am so glad I found it and I am your newest follower!
    Come see me too!
    ~jeannie~
    ­ Kindergarten Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words! I just read this today. If you have a moment, stop by my blog. I have some really cute freebies, and I'd love to hear what you think of them.

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete