What a fun surprise!! Sharon Dudley from Teaching With Sight awarded me with the "Versatile Blogger" award ... For someone who is new to the blogging world, this definitely boosts my "blogging esteem" and motivates me to post more. Check Sharon's page out...She's inspiring. Sharon is a blind elementary school teacher, which is pretty much equal to superwoman.
So now I have to tell seven things about myself:
1. I got married this summer to my love of 7 years- Sam... We met when we were in middle school and started dating when I was 18 and he was 19.
2. I could eat pasta for breakfast, lunch, and dinner - 7 days a week.
3. I began college thinking I would have a career in graphic design- Boy was I wrong. That lead to art education, which lead to elementary ed. I wasn't one of those kids who knew from the moment they stepped into Kindergarten that they were meant to be a teacher. That being said-- It is 100% the career for me and I wouldn't change the path I took to get here for the world. I learned a lot and I'm able to incorporate my artsy-fartsy background into my teaching style.
4. I dislike condiments- mayo, mustard, ketchup, ranch, etc ... Thank goodness I married someone who shares my disgust in them as well!! Our burgers are pretty plain in this house. (Don't worry houseguests--we keep baby sized bottles in the fridge for you!)
5. I played basketball throughout high school (even though I'm a whopping 5' 2'') & my nickname was "Mad-Dog" ... I can't believe I just admitted that.
6. I'm Italian, Irish, German, & a teeny bit Ukrainian, but my children often ask me ... "Mrs. Laver- are you black or white?" Kids say the darnedest things.
7. I'm a beer girl- You can't wine & dine me. :)
Here's a list of the blogs that I passed the Versatile Blogger Award to: